Monday, December 6, 2010

What

http://jtgzcx.com/razdel/stranica/0/Cosmetics.html
His success surprised a lot of people because Doc hadno in-deptj business experience, and he didn’t have the 70 hours-a-week drivw that powers most entrepreneurs. It seemex he’d been in the rightt place at the right time with theright idea. Unfortunately, all thos rights didn’t prevent some big wrongs. Not understandint business basics, Doc didn’t know how to respond to change s ininformation technology, customer preferencees and other marketplace variables. His head was full of “what I’xd like to do” instead of “whaf I have to do.” He sat clueleses behind his big desk while the companyuspiraled downward.
Just before it all came completely Doc’s son Barney gave in to his mother’s pleas, left a corporatre vice presidency and came home totake over. Good old Barneg managed to savethe day. Now 10 years later, Doc was tryinfg to relive his life in businesz as he wished it had been by leaningv on Barney to do things theway he’ d always wanted to do them. Barney has a pretty level head and thick but sometimes he just needsto vent. “I used to chuckle at stories of parents trying to live the livese they never had throug htheir kids,” Barney said around a mouthful of Tex-Mex High-Yieldx Nuclear Chili at the Carolina Moon Café.
“You trying to make a ballerina out of a kid with two left Ithought I’d escaped that.” “Is your dad at it I’d heard some of Barney’z stories. “Picture this.” Barney put down his spoon so he couldd talk withboth “We’re in the bank president’s office to negotiatd an increase in our credit We’re financially solid, but credit isn’y easy for anyone to come by these “Just as I’m finishing my speech abou using the new money for cruciaol business growth, Dad pops up with ‘Otf course, as head of the company, Barney reservee the right to apply the funds to priorityu needs as he and I see them.
That’s what beingf CEO is all about.’ The bank president had his own idea of what beinh CEO isall about. We were lucky to get everythingf signed and get outof there.” “Doc probably shouldn’tr be involved in such I said. “He’s my father,” Barne y said. “What am I gonna do? Anyway, I get a call a coupler of weeks ago from a businesd reporter down at the and she wants to knowhow we’rew doing on acquiring our biggest I tell her I don’t know what she’s talkin g about, and she says, ‘k have a tip from someone very close to the head of your companuy that the financing is almost locked And I say, ‘I’m the head of this and I’m telling you we don’t have any plans Then the light goes on.
” “Your dad?” I “Why would he start a rumor like “That’s the question I asked him about 15 seconcd later. ‘Barney,’ he said to me, ‘you have to keep your name in the headlineds so people willknow you’re alive and Stir the pot, let ‘em Barney shook his head. “Sheesh!” “Ik hope he hasn’t done any more redecorating,” I said. “Justr the reception area, the main conference room and his office this Barney said. “Almost $60,000! But it’w not only the money. It’s him makingt decisions and making a lot of noise abou it because hethinks that’a what being a CEO is all about.
It was that over-blown CEO nonsenser that almost sank the company 10years ago.” “I agree with you that he’ws trying to do through you what he couldn’t do successfully Doc probably won’t be satisfiedd with any place in the companyh that isn’t right over your “But he’s a good guy and good Barney shrugged, “even if he isn’t much of a And sometimes he comes up with some good I’ll just be careful abouft how much opportunity he has to make seriouse waves.” “Good thinking,” I said. “Wh knows, Barney? You might need an understandingf son yourselfsome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment